Ex.: How to change password “0000”(initial password is 0000 from our factory) to “FORD”?
Turn 4 code-wheels to “0000”.
Turn(anti-clockwise) code-changing-wheel to touch the front-end part. If thread stripped happen and cannot move code-changing-wheel to touch with the front-end part while turning code-changing-wheel, please try to turn it backward and forward till to touch the front end part.
Turn 4 code-wheels to ”FORD” in alignment with red marks on both sides.
Turn(clockwise) code-changing-wheel back to the other end (until the bottom) and make sure password is still in position ”FORD”.
Try to press outdoor button, if OK, your password has been successfully changed to “FORD”
Next time , If you want to change your password from “FORD” to “1234”,【 because your password right now is “FORD”(not 0000) 】 you just follow above 5 steps to change your password to a new password.
How to lock door?
Same as Door lock with knobs/cylindrical Door lock, just press indoor button to the end. By the way, if you want to deadlock from inside, you can use a rubber band to tie and hold inside button. Please be careful to deadlock when you are outside the door. To avoid locked outside the door, you can use a long fine steel wire which one end tie rubber band and the other end draw to a hidden place of outside. This also can be a third secure way (first way is using password, second way is using padlock) to lock your door.
How to unlock door?
To open door from inside, just turn the inside handle same as usage of cylindrical knobset。
To open door from outside, turn 4 code-wheels to your password in alignment with red marks on the both sides.
(Ex:“FORD” in alignment with red marks) and then press outdoor button all the way down and the lock will open with a clicking sound.
The feature and function of accessory padlock:
(1) If you put this padlock in hole #1 of outdoor button, nobody can open door.
We also provide a stainless cup-like cover (sold separately), you can put this cover on the outside of lock, so that nobody can contact the code-changing wheel and code wheel. This cover also can be locked by padlock.
(2) If you put this padlock in hole #2 at the side of lockset and before code-changing wheel , it prevents anybody to turn code-changing wheel to change password.（Warning: if somebody intends to change password compulsively, this will mess up the original password. It's recommended to put the padlock in hole #2.）
(3) If you put this padlock in hole #3 at the indoor button, nobody can lock the door.
How to change password for padlock?
EX: Change password “0000”(initial password from factory) to “1234”.
(1) Turn password to “0000”.
(2) Pull out pivot and turn 180° to other side, then press down pivot.
(3) Turn password to “1234”
(4) Pull up pivot and turn back(180°). Password has been changed to“1234”